Quality Leadership University recently signed a 2 + 2 Transfer Agreement with the prestigious University of South Florida (USF). The agreement will allow QLU students to transfer to USF Tampa and complete undergraduate academic programs in many high-demand fields of study, including engineering, business and others.
For a complete list of USF undergraduate majors, visit their website
Start Here at QLU, finish at the University of South Florida
Requirements to Attend USF
Students at QLU must complete at least two years of undergraduate education in QLU Panama to transfer to USF. Students must also meet USF admission requirements for the specific program they are applying.
QLU students who transfer to USF with a GPA of 3.6 or above may qualify for Florida’s in-state tuition rate. These students may also be eligible to receive a $1,000 per year USF International Transfer Student Scholarship for up to two years.
About the University of South Florida
The University of South Florida is a Preeminent State Research University that was recently ranked #44 among public universities and was named the fastest-rising university in America by U.S. News and World Report. USF’s location in the Tampa Bay region includes thriving cultural, arts and business communities that offer students a rich college experience both inside and outside the classroom.
Students also enjoy year-round beautiful weather with mild temperatures and plenty of sun. Some of the nation’s best-loved beaches are also found just a short drive away, on Florida’s picturesque Gulf Coast.
Research and Innovation
- USF’s innovation and economic development efforts generate more than $582 million in statewide impact each year, sustain more than 4,000 jobs and return more than $71 million in tax revenue to local, state and federal coffers, according to a 2019 analysis from the Washington Economics Group, a leading national firm.
- The Florida Inventors Hall of Fame (FloridaInvents.org) was founded at USF in 2013. As of 2019, 43 outstanding Florida inventors have been elected, including eight from USF.
- USF ranks 1st in Florida, 7th in the nation among public universities, and 16th world-wide for granted U.S. patents among all universities according to the Intellectual Property Owners Association/NAI(2018). USF has ranked in the top 10 among public universities for U.S. patents granted for the past nine years (2010-2018).
- USF faculty continue to earn national and international recognition. In 2018, USF faculty received 106 new external honors and awards.
- USF ranked 4th worldwide among organizations with the most Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) elected in 2019, a standing USF has held for the past five years. As of 2019, USF has a total of 73 AAAS Fellows among its faculty.
- USF is one of 56 public research universities nationwide classified as both a Doctoral University with “Highest Research Activity” and as a “Community Engaged” institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The title of “Highest Research Activity” is a distinction attained by only 3% of all post-secondary institutions, making USF one of five public universities in the state of Florida classified as such.
- USF is the founder and home of the National Academy of Inventors(NAI) (AcademyofInventors.org), a non-profit member organization with over 4,000 individual inventor members and Fellows spanning more than 250 universities and governmental and non-profit research institutes. The NAI’s nationally recognized Fellows program has 1,060 elected Fellows, including Nobel Laureates, U.S. National Medal of Technology & Innovation and National Medal of Science recipients and National Inventors Hall of Fame inductees. USF has 23 NAI Fellows. The USF Chapter of the NAI has over 450 USF faculty, staff, students, and alumni members, who collectively hold more than 2,400 U.S. patents.
- USF Tampa was ranked #19 among the “Best Universities for Technology Transfer, 2017” by the prestigious Milken Institute.
- USF is designated by the Association for Public and Land-grant Universities(APLU) as an Innovation & Economic Prosperity University, one of only 63 in the nation.
Awards and Recognition
- U.S. News and World Report(USNWR) ranks USF 9th among U.S. public universities as a top performer in Social Mobility, which assesses an institution’s success enrolling, retaining and graduating students who come from families with lower incomes and receive federal Pell Grants (2020).
- USF ranks 3rd nationally for graduate student volunteers serving in the Peace Corps (2019).
- USF Tampa is ranked 50th among public universities for social mobility, research, and civic engagement, according to Washington Monthly(2019).
- USF was recognized as a top performer in the 2019 Sustainable Campus Indexas an institution of higher education dedicated to energy reduction and the development and use of clean and renewable energy sources.
- USF Tampa ranks among the Top 60 Coolest Schools for sustainability among public institutions (Sierra Club,2019).
- USF is featured in Princeton Review’s Guide to 399 Green Collegesas an institution of higher education that demonstrates a strong commitment to sustainability in its academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities, and career preparation (2018).
- USF Athletics serves nearly 500 student-athletes in 19 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing in 11 different sports, with 18 of these teams at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference.
- USF has won 19 conference titles since joining the American Athletic Conference in 2013, including three in 2018-19 and one in fall 2019.
- USF has claimed 120 conference titles since it began competing in 1965.
- Eleven USF programs reached national postseason competition in the 2018-19 season.
- Six USF programs achieved a Top 25 national ranking during the 2018-19 season.
- USF Athletics has posted a combined grade-point average of over 3.0 for the fourth straight year in 2018-19 and has posted a program record of nine consecutive semesters with a combined GPA over 3.0.
- USF Athletics has posted a Graduation Success Rate of 80% or better for six straight years, including a record 86% in 2016.
- USF football has made 10 bowl game appearances (going 6-4 in those games) and posted a program-record six straight appearances from 2005-2010. The Bulls most recently made four straight bowl appearances from 2015-18 and posted back-to-back 10-win seasons in 2016 and 2017, logging a program-record 11-2 mark in 2016 while finishing both seasons ranked in the Top 25.
- USF football spent a program-record of 20 straight weeks ranked in the Top 25 during the 2016 and 2017 seasons and reached as high as No. 2 in the national rankings during the 2007 season.
- USF’s Lee Roy Selmon Athletics Center includes state-of-the-art space for academic advising, life skills, mentoring and team building.
- USF has had 288 student-athletes earn their degrees since 2016-17.
Highlights of the City of Tampa, Florida
- Live and learn in one of the nation’s best vacation destinations.
- Ranked #4 among Best US College Towns and Cities (WalletHub 2019)
- WalletHub ranks the Tampa-St. Petersburg area among the most diverse U.S. cities (2019).
- Tampa is a thriving metropolitan community home to more than 390,000 people.
- Tampa features beautiful weather, nearly 250 days of sun every year and some of the best beaches in the world.
- Clearwater Beach was rated the best beach in the U.S., according to Trip Advisor’s 2019 rankings.
- Tampa offers countless cultural attractions for those of all ages, including world-class museums, theaters, dining, theme parks and more.
- Tampa’s convenient location is just a one-hour drive from Orlando and a four-hour drive from Miami. Our international airport makes travel to and from Tampa easy.
- Tampa’s average temperature is 28 degrees Celsius.
- Tampa is just a 90-minute car ride from Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World.
- Several professional sports teams call Tampa home, including the Buccaneers (Football), the Rays (Baseball), the Rowdies (soccer) and the Lightning (Hockey).
- Food lovers can delight in myriad restaurants, from the fresh seafood at waterfront bistros to the Spanish dishes from family-owner cafes.
- Shopping enthusiasts enjoy can take advantage of numerous options, such as International Plaza, Bay Street, Tampa Premium Outlet, Hyde Park Village and The Shops at Wiregrass.
- Tampa is ranked as one of the top 20 most ethnically diverse cities in The U.S. by city size (WalletHub 2020).
- Tampa is ranked the No. 17 most affordable city in the U.S. (USA Today 2019).