Students will learn units 1-3 in the Teen2Teen 3 book.
- Unit 1 focuses on the topic of having a party in which students will learn to identify party supplies and describe how to prepare for a party. Students will talk about future party plans through the use of ‘be going to’. Students will be able to say affirmative and negative statements with ‘be going to’ as well as ask and answer yes/no questions.
- Unit 2 addresses the topic of locations and directions. Students will put into practice vocabulary about different places in a school or a building and explain where the places are located. Students will also be able to give directions to different locations in a building. Students will continue using ‘be going to’ in information questions to ask for more information about others’ future plans.
Unit 3 covers the topic of describing snacks and other foods. Students will be able to use new adjectives to describe different foods and identify different quantities of foods and snacks. Students will continue practicing the vocabulary while learning the rules for forming superlatives to compare 3 or more people, places, or things.
At the end of each unit, students should be able to answer yes to the following achievement questions:
- Can I identify party supplies?
- Can I explain how to prepare for a party in a simple way?
- Can I talk about future plans for party activities?
- Can I identify different locations in my school?
- Can I ask for directions at school?
- Can I give someone directions inside a building?
- Can I describe how different foods taste?
- Can I identify different food textures?
- Can I compare different foods?
- Can I talk about different amounts of foods and drinks?