Felicitaciones a nuestros estudiantes del programa de “English for Professional Success” en su graduación.
Graduados: Jael Aizpurúa, Alan Altamirano, Isabel Anderson, Lisset Cáceres, Leonardo Escobar, Carlos González, Marlenis González, Josue Hernández, Estela Ordoñez, Danilo Peña, Beatriz Sáenz, Nezar Sheridi, Maribel Torres, Carlos Urdaneta, Roxana Valdés.
VACANT POSITION: U.S. Embassy Social Media Coordinator, FSN-7*; FP-7**
OPENING DATE: June 5, 2015
CLOSING DATE: June 26, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: US$17,805 p.a. (Starting salary, possibly higher depending on proven experience) (Position Grade: FSN-7)
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS IN PANAMA ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy Panama is seeking an individual for the position of Social Media Coordinator in the Public Affairs Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent is the primary person in charge of coordinating the Mission’s presence on digital media platforms. Designs and implements digital outreach campaigns with the assistance of the Digital Outreach Team. Advises PAS and other Mission staff on social media content and trends, including ways digital outreach affects the bilateral relationship and how to best reach the target audience. Executes programs to highlight Embassy programs and Mission goals. Develops and maintains contact with media, government, and communications professionals. Trains/orients other staff on the use of digital media.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available at the Human Resources website: http://panama.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
NOTE: Although some of the information below has been provided in your application, all candidates must still address each qualification/requirement detailed below, with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item, on a separate sheet of paper.
- Education: University degree in communications, advertising, marketing, public relations, or journalism is required.
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional level experience in digital media outreach or social media.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English language is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Spanish language is required. (Testing may be conducted to determine the qualifications)
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of and fluency in multiple social media platforms (i.e. Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, and others), the State Department sections and procedures, American culture, as well as the educational, social and political structures of Panama is required. Ability to design, create and maintain a Facebook Page, and know how to navigate the Internet and other on-line media tools and platforms is required. Excellent knowledge of the current state of information technology, public diplomacy programs, public affairs techniques, outreach activities and products is required. Familiarity with mobile devices, digital cameras, scanners, copiers and a range of printers is required. Experience programming branded campaigns, high level of creativity, understanding of metrics in measuring engagement/traffic, ability to write well; including the ability to edit and adapt existing resources including video and photos for digital outreach is required. (Testing may be conducted to determine the qualifications)
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications is required. (Testing may be conducted to determine the qualifications)
- Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and follow directions and guidance easily. Must have the ability to follow-up on program details independently. Must have the ability to draft official correspondence in English and Spanish, and tailor correspondence to the desired audience across the entire range of extremely informal to extremely formal communications. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Must demonstrate that he/she can work well under pressure, be reliable, follow schedules, meet and anticipate deadlines, and has high level customer service skills. Must possess problem solving skills related to promoting U.S. programs and policies.
When fully qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and US Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application, including mentioning USEFM or Veteran status.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Members (DS-174) (Please make sure to fill out DS-174, print, scan and send it via email as an attachment. Do not try to complete the form and send it directly by email because the system does not allow this); E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the form.
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide copy #4 of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
3. All Ordinarily Residents (OR) must provide work and residency permits at the time of applying.
4. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office – Vacancy Announcement No. 15-21
NEC Building # 783
Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Via email to: email@example.com
Subject line: 15-21 SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
FAX: (507) 317-5011
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: JUNE 26, 2015
The US Mission Panama provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Se ha realizado por parte del rector de QLU – University of Louisville Panamá, Magister Oscar León, y del profesor Al Futrel, director del Departamento de Comunicación de la Escuela de Artes y Ciencias de University of Louisville (Kentucky), el develado de la figura del «Pensador» en University of Louisville Panamá.
En días pasados nuestro grupo de estudiantes del programa de Maestría en Administración de Empresas ofrecido en colaboración con la Universidad de Chile, hicieron sus presentaciones del Plan de Negocio para optar por su título a Master. La Universidad de Chile está entre las 10 mejores universidades de Latinoamérica.